The Centre for European Studies (CFE) is an organisation for cooperation between institutions and individual researchers who are engaged in research about Europe.
The overarching purpose of CFE is to foster research of and education about Europe. The Centre promotes contacts between Lund University and stakeholders engaged in European research and education both in and outside of Sweden. The Centre primarily supports research based in the social sciences, humanities, economics and law and it especially supports interdisciplinary studies connecting these traditions.
The mission of the Centre for European Studies is
- to contribute to the European profile of Lund University
- to promote long-term competence building in the area of European studies
- to promote multidisciplinary cooperation and to support the furthering of knowledge on European studies within individual disciplines
- to support applications for external research grants for projects in the field of European studies
- to serve as a point of contact for researchers, teachers and students at Lund University who are engaged in research of and education about Europe.
- to stimulate and when necessary initiate collaboration on education with a European focus and to work to ensure that pre-existing forms of education provide a European perspective
Read more (in Swedish):
Centrum för europaforsknings föreskrifter (PDF, 105 KB, new tab)